Monday 22 July 2019

LiesLies by Kylie Scott
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I totally fell in love with the cover of this book and after reading the blurb, it had me imagining such a hottie action super hero inside but unfortunately, Thom just didn't quite live up to the expectations I had created of him in my head. I was hoping for John Wick and I got Johnny English instead. Betty on the other hand came across as a bit of a naive and whiney girl at the start of the story and I just didn't like her character very much, but then after a while, suddenly her whole character's personality just up and changed itself and she became a woman with some balls that I really admired.
The whole story is a mixed bag of lies and emotions that I felt is a little over done to death in the romantic suspense genre but having said that I did still like some of the story as the writing got better as the plotline moved along, it was a slow starter for me that was like a snowball rolling down a hill that builds up on size and speed and then BAM! it suddenly reached the bottom and explosion happens everywhere.
It's not a bad story but it's not the best story i've ever read by this author either. If you like a romcom with a bit of farcical drama thrown in, then this book is for you.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment