Monday 30 April 2018

Jaded Hearts (Loaded Replay, #1)Jaded Hearts by Harper Sloan
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Having never read a book before by this author and seeing how popular her books are I was very excited to get a copy of this book to read and review. The story is linked to the Corps Security series by this author which I had heard of but of course never read. It is a total standalone which is great for someone who hates a series that needs to be read in order.
The story is about Wenlee Davenport the lead singer of Loaded Replay a band at the peak of their career, so when there are threats suddenly being sent to her Chance Nash is bought in to look after her and protect her as her bodyguard.
They are a hot couple and sparks do fly between them right from the start. I can say that I really liked them both and enjoyed their story to the point that I felt that this was an ok read but I wanted so much more from this book. I wanted to see more in the storyline of the threats being sent to her, even a little danger would have been good. I felt like the threats totally got lost and forgotten about until the very end of the book which kind of let this story down for me, it totally lost it's edge and fell a bit flat. Don't get me wrong the writing was good and flowed well it just didn't live up to the kind of expectations I was hoping for.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment