Tuesday 11 December 2018

Christmas on the CoastChristmas on the Coast by Rebecca Boxall
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed this story, this was my first time to read something by this author and I
really liked her style of writing and her easy way of making you feel like you were part of the story.
This was something a little different to the usual Christmasy stories and it was so interesting to read about the memories of Queenie, and of what life was like during World War Two and of the lasting effect it has on the present day. It showed how difficult things were for the islanders during the Nazi occupation and how it affected many families and friendships as well as how modern life could be just as difficult at times. This was quite a page turner and had quite a few really intense moments that only added to the enjoyment of the story. I will definitely be looking to read more from this author in the near future.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment