Thursday 26 November 2015

Rebel Bride (Lust in the Tudor Court, #2)Rebel Bride by Elizabeth Moss
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This the second book in the Lust in the Tudor Court series. I had not read the first book and I didn't need to as this can be read very much as a stand alone.

I had not read any of Elizabeth Moss's books before but this wont be the last, this is the first historical that i've ever read with as much passion and lust between its pages as I would call this an erotic novel and I loved every bit of it.

Susannah Tyrell is a willful young woman that runs away from home as her father is trying to force her into a marriage with a man as old as himself, she falls into the arms of Hugh Beaufort who is sent to find her, where she rather than he, seduces him to take her virginity in the forest during a stormy night. He decides next morning to take her to King Henry VIII court to her sister and her husband Lord Wolfe.

Lots of twists and turns happen in the story and featuring in the background is the execution of Anne Boleyn and the marriage of King Henry to Jane Seymour, with no spoilers the story is very fast paced very well written and will make you not want to put this book down.

Excellent book I would recommend it to anyone would likes to read a story that is more on the steamy side but is still tastefully well written.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment