Saturday 5 May 2018




Title: Fighting Back
Series: Meet the McIntyres #3
Author: Rebecca Barber
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: May 5, 2018



Blurb

Holly
Growing up, I was treated like a Princess.
But everyone knows, to get your happily ever after, you have to fight for the fairy-tale.
And I’d certainly endured more than my fair share of fights.
Relentlessly bullied at boarding school, my brothers brought me home to help me heal.
But I was scarred by the secrets I harboured, both inside and out.
Being home though, means risking everyone finding out my ugly truth.
And I can’t let that happen.

Jack
My family's a mess.
It's probably why I spend more nights asleep in my ute, than I do in my own bed.
I don't have the time or the energy to deal with anything more.
One day at a time is all I can handle right now.
Yet when I see her, the broken girl sitting alone in the dirt, I can't simply drive past.
Before I know what's happening my life's tangled with my tortured, beautiful neighbour.

And there's nowhere else I'd rather be.







Purchase Links

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU






Also Available


99c for a limited time!

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU



99c for a limited time!

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU
B&N / KOBO / iBOOKS




Author Bio

I’m just me. A clumsy, introverted, bubble bath loving, chocoholic who would rather read a book than go shopping. And god forbid if you try and make me shoe shop!

I’m one of four kids to school teacher parents. A wife to a football obsessed husband. Mother to a fur-baby who isn’t aware of how big he is. Aunt to the most crazy/adorable little girls. And sister to two very determined sisters and one easy going brother.

I live in Canberra Australia and work too many hours a day at my day job.

I’m a book whore who can easily (and happily) read a book from start to finish in a day and when I do have spare time, you’ll find me in the writing cave.


Author Links

My 4 Star Review by Clare x Having really loved the previous two books in this series I really wanted to read Holly's story and it is a great story as it tackled the hard hitting subject of bullying. The author did a good job of getting the emotional side across of what it's like to have your world turned upside down and to have to live with the misery of being bullied. Holly suffered greatly at the hands of others and I was totally grossed out by what was done to her but towards the end of the book Holly became a little annoying, especially when anyone or even her family that deeply cared about her tried to reach out to her, she would become brattish rather than accept their help without causing a fuss. Jack I really liked and I hope we get to see some more development between him and Holly in future books. This book is amongst a series that is mainly contemporary romance and as this is mainly Teen & Young Adult that lacked the romance factor I feel that this book should maybe have been released at the end of the series or as a add on as it just doesn't quite fit with the rest of the books, because of this I just couldn't enjoy it as much as the rest of the series but it was still a well written book that kept me interested enough to give it a 4 stars review.

No comments:

Post a Comment