Wednesday 19 September 2018





#NewRelease #TheOceanBetweenUs #MichelleHeard #RomanticSuspense #AllTheFeels #HotCop #NowLive
Check out my 5 STAR review below!






Dying to experience life, I cross an ocean to get away from my fears. I find my safe haven in the form of Detective Aiden Holden. He shows me what love is, but then our lives collide. Our little world shatters, and I'm caught in the crossfire.

I'm forced to return home, to let go of the only person who has made me feel like I could be more.

How do you return to a cage once you’ve tasted freedom?

My only hope is that Aiden will cross an ocean for me.



Book 1 in The Southern Heroes Series.

READING ORDER:

The Ocean Between Us
The Girl In The Closet
All The Wasted Time
The Lies We Tell Ourselves
We Were Lost
The Fire Between Us

(Previously published as Wake Me Up by Michelle Horst)



Clare's 5 Star Review
This book was addictive reading right from the start and once I became invested in Aiden and Emma's story I just could not put this book down!

The Ocean Between Us is a little dark as it's content has abuse in its many various forms. Emma is a victim of physical and verbal abuse by her mother who is a sadistic alcoholic bitch, she runs away from home to the other side of the world only to fall in love and suffer once again at the hands of others. Aiden is her knight in shining armour until things fall apart and he has to try and save her.

My heart broke many times over while reading this book for Emma for all the things that she suffered at the hands of her parents and the pain that she went through while she was taken. Emma is a girl that only wanted to be loved and she never deserved what happens to her. She is a strong character that never lets others break her spirit and I loved her for not giving in when the going got tough.

This is definitely my favorite book to date that I have read by this author. The writing was so very good and the story held me captive throughout. I will definitely reading the next book in this series.
A brilliant 5 STARS!


No comments:

Post a Comment