Friday 6 May 2016

Settling the Score (The Summer Games, #1)Settling the Score by R.S. Grey
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I'm not normally a fan of romance stories that are set around sport but this book is a complete exception.
From the very first page I was hooked, it's very funny and fast paced so never a dull moment and it kept me wanting to read on, I devoured this book in no time because it's so good that I couldn't put it down.
Andie is an American ladies soccer player and Freddie is an all round English aristocrat, Olympic gold medal winning swimmer with a body of a God. You would never have put these two characters together in reality but OMG they make an exciting sexy read.
The story follows Andie and Freddie while competing during the Olympic games in Rio, they can't fight their attraction to each other but love doesn't go smoothly and comes at the expense of Andie as she is made out to be a home wrecker by the paparazzi all because Freddie's mother had announced that Freddie and his long time family friend Caroline were betrothed before he left England for the games which he stupidly never denied.
Caroline and Georgia Freddie's sister arrive in Rio and all hell breaks loose with a battle of wills between Andie and Caroline to see who gets her man.
If you like stories with lots of love laughter and some tears and turmoil and even a little heartbreak this book is for you because it has it all. I can't praise this book enough.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment