Friday 27 May 2016







This is the first book that I have read by J.L. Perry and I was so intrigued by the name and cover of this book that it called out to me and made me want to read it, and I know the saying goes dont judge a book by its cover but sometimes you just can't help being drawn by it and come on the cover is well hot so please don't judge me for wanting to read it for that very reason!!



The story takes us on a very emotional ride at times so much so that it made me have tears in my eyes as we learn of all the heartbreak and horror our leading lady Jade has been through in her very short life. She has been used and abused for so long by those that should have cared for her that she just accepts it and is too frightened of the consequences of what would happen to her if she ever broke her contract with Miss M by running away. Miss M is a monster with a capital M! She is a vile manipulative woman who must have had a very cold heart, I hated her character so much that I wanted to kill her myself by the end of the book.




Brock is a ladies man who is a love em' and leave em' kinda guy who suddenly becomes a possessive protector of Jade after he spends one night with her in New York and afterwards he can't seem to get her out of his mind. I loved how he found a way to see Jade and fight for her and be the one to see her for the woman she is on the inside and not just the Hooker he finds out that she is. The chemistry between Brock and Jade is off the charts and the love sex and emotions were very well written and especially the first time they spend the night together Brock unknowingly shows Jade that sex with someone can actually be pleasurable.



Theo and Rupert in my eyes are the real hero's of the story by always being there for Jade and looking out for her when no one else cared. I was so happy and sad for them both in different ways as they both find what they are looking for.

This is an absolutely brilliant book and I really would give this more than 5 Stars if I could because it touched me so deeply. I will be sure to read many more books from this talented author.


No comments:

Post a Comment