Thursday 22 August 2019

The Body Painter (Master of Trickery Duet, #1)The Body Painter by Pepper Winters
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

3.5 stars!
This was a story that I had many expectations for and the anticipation of what I would find between the pages was great, and as far as a Pepper Winters story goes, this book did fulfill some of those expectations I had but not all, so I need to tell you why this book just didn't hit the 5 star mark for me.
Firstly, the story is quite angsty and full of drama which did keep me reading but then after a while it all started to become a little bit repetitive, with Gil telling Olin to go away and not come back every other paragraph to then turn around and change his mind each paragraph in between, it started to grate on my nerves. The same thing happens with Olin keep not taking notice of him and then she starts feeling like he needs to commit to her or she is going to stay away when he's been telling her all along to stay away. It did kind of drive me a little nuts.
Secondly, I found that the story became easy to guess where it was heading and it lost a little of it's quality, I am used to being kept on the edge by this author's work and it just didn't happen.
Thirdly, not much really happens in this book apart from a reunion, Gil and Olin going over and over the same thing and a cliffhanger secret reveal which as I said before I guessed halfway through the book.
I am invested enough in this story to want to read the next book in this duet, as I am hoping all the questions I need answering will be revealed. The story has a great idea behind it but it just needed to be written without going over the same ground as much as it did.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment