Saturday 2 April 2016

GirlsQuad (A Best of Friends Series: Book One)GirlsQuad by J.A. Heron
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed this story of four women all so different with each one having their own personal ideals and yet they all come together as not only work colleges but as best of friends.
It took me back to my childhood because it's set mainly about an hairdressing salon where they all work together because my Mom run her own hairdressing business as I was growing up so I can relate to the sounds and the smells and the gossiping by the clientele mainly the shampoo and set brigade.
It's got happiness and sadness all rolled into one as we see prospective from each of the women in each chapter as the story moves along and it's interesting to read what each one of them thinks about each situation that they encounter, most of the time they don't agree with each other but they still are able to be friends because they have an unbreakable bond of love between them.
My only minor criticism of the book is that I think that sometimes the writing style seems to be that the characters when thinking about situations it's like reading a list of things rather than a flowing paragraph of thoughts, it distracted me a little from reading parts that should have been a little more dramatic to me as a reader.
I still think that this book deserves 5 stars for sheer quality of the story because as I neared the end I was like "you can't leave me hanging like this, I need to know what happens now!!!!"
Big cliff-hanger's!!!! YES more than one at the end of the story, it will now drive me absolutely nuts until book 2 in this series is released.
My first book by J A Heron and well after reading this it most certainly won't be my last.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment