Saturday 13 February 2016

A Gentleman's Game (Romance of the Turf, #1)A Gentleman's Game by Theresa Romain
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

* I received an Arc from Netgalley for an honest review *
Clare's Mad About Books

I'm a big lover of historical romances but this is the first book that I have read by Theresa Romain.
I thought that the story started a little slow but i'm glad that I carried on reading because as the story progressed and the attraction between Nathaniel and Rosalind became the focal point of the story I became gripped with the idea that the poor and lowly secretary who was being forced to be a spy and pass on secrets to repay an old debt and that the son of a Baron could become her friend her lover and her saviour.
I also love a hero that sees a woman for who she is and not what she when she shows him that she was badly burned as a child and is scarred all down her back and kisses them to show her that he doesn't care that she is still beautiful to him.
Great book and I look forward to reading more from this author.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment