Wednesday 17 February 2016

How to Wed a Warrior (Broadswords and Ballrooms, #2)How to Wed a Warrior by Christy English
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

* I received an Arc from Netgalley for an honest review*
Clare's Mad About Book

This is the first book i've ever read by Christy English and in all honesty I got a little confused of who was who in the opening chapter of the story, so I reread it again to take in who the characters were and after the second time of reading it I understood what was happening and who each character was.

I got drawn into the story more easily as the story progressed and became familiar with the fact that Prudence Whittaker is really Lady Prudence Farthington and is in hiding and posing as a frumpy widow and having to look for employment as a ladies companion after being shunned by the ton and using a pseudonym all because her family is in disgrace because it's believed that her brother went to sea with a lot of money invested by the ton and never returned.

Robert Waters and his sister Mary Elizabeth hire Pru after a meeting in the park where Pru stops Mary Elizabeth from stabbing Lord Grathton with her claymore thinking he's is a rogue and thief. Pru becomes Mary Elizabeth's companion and try as she might at looking undesirable Robbie can't help falling for her.

Lots of stolen moments happen between Robert and Pru even though they both vowed never to marry and settle down and I found that they soon found themselves married and all thoughts of that never happening thrown out the window far to quickly and without much of a fight and that one minute Pru had to much pride to ask for help and then she couldn't get Robert to help her find her brother fast enough, this is why I have only given this story 4 stars as I think it could have been written with a little more fire and struggle for them to commit to each other.

On the whole I did quite enjoy the story and would definitely read more from this author.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment